Thursday, August 20, 2015

Altered Baby Shoe Turned Picture Holder

altered baby shoe picture holder

Is this the cutest thing ever?  I can't even stand it!  I was going to use it in Baby M's new room, but it sold this week in my Etsy shop.  I will just have to make a new one.  When my husband's grandmother moved to the nursing home from the home she lived in for most of her married life, I brought home trucks full of awesome vintage finds.  She, like many people from her generation who lived through the Great Depression, did not get rid of much over the years so the house was full of great things.  Among the vintage baby clothes was several pairs of traditional baby shoes.  I have seen many pin cushions made from these but I wanted something a little more useful.  A picture holder is what I came up with.


altered baby shoe picture holder

altered baby shoe picture holder

altered baby shoe picture holder

altered baby shoe picture holder

I love choosing all the add-on's to make them just right.  They would look great in a shabby chic nursery (or little girl's room).  

No comments :

Post a Comment