Friday, July 31, 2015

Vintage Pillowcase Dress or Nightgown

I participated in a flea market a month or so ago for the second year now. I decided this year to focus on my pillowcase dresses. These are what started me sewing again after many years off. I just love the idea of making something beautiful and useful from something long forgotten. Like all those old bed linens that have been cast aside and sent to auctions or garage sales. Some of which have been embellished by hand with intricate embroidery work. To be able to breath new life into them and see them as adorable dresses on little girls is amazing to me. I have a crap ton a few old bed linens just waiting to be made new again. As I started sorting through them and matching them with fabric and ribbon, I noticed I had quite a few solid color and some prints that just seemed to "pillowcasey" to me made into a dress so I decided to make some nightgowns too. Lets face it, they just don't make pillowcases like that anymore. The fabric just gets softer the more you wash it and it just screams pj's to me! Here are just a few of the ones I made (that didn't sell, because of course I forgot to take pics of all of them):

Pillowcase DressPillowcase dress


These are both for sale in my Etsy shop if you are interested!  

I am linking to Made by You Monday @ Skip to My Lou and Wildy Original Linky Party @ I Gotta Create and The Party Bunch @ Thirty Handmade Days


No comments :

Post a Comment