Wednesday, March 17, 2010

What's for Dinner?

I never get tired of hearing that! Well, maybe I do..... but, anyway..... after working sometimes 12 hours at the beauty salon, the last thing I want to do is try to figure out what to cook for dinner. Last year I started a dry erase board with the menu for the week and all the kids' activities on it. I did good for a while, but finding the time every week to sit down and do that planning was hard and eventually, I just stopped. A while ago, I saw a news report about a woman that plans her whole year's worth of meals at a time. WOW. I know I could not handle that, but I did decide a month at a time would be better for my family. So I sat down with my Taste of Home magazines and mapped out the month. Now, I should be able to shop just once for the month with the exception of the stuff that would go bad like milk and bread, but I can pick those up at Wal-Mart since I seem to go there every week anyway!





You could also take it a step further like my bff did and cook for the month too! Check out her ideas at http://bonkersfortwins.blogspot.com/2010/03/dinners-ready.html

No comments :

Post a Comment